Wednesday 20 August 2008

Liking Yourself Just As You Are

Jeffrey Hardwick is a teacher, writer and speaker. He desires to help people live the life their meant to live by sharing life changing truths ... ...
Imagine truly liking yourself. What would that feel like? For me it is a feeling I have never experienced before. Pure joy. I have decided to really like myself just as I am. I do not have to change to like myself and neither do you.

Why did I choose to make a decision to simply like myself? Because I realized that no one can make me like myself but me. So what I did was ask this very simple question: What do I like about myself? Guess what happened? My focus changed. I was now focusing on what I liked about myself instead of wasting my time focusing on what I did not like.

When we ask ourselves the right questions, the right answers will appear. In just a few minutes I began to quickly write down the answers. The more I wrote the more answers came to me. Once I stopped writing, I really wanted to believe what I just wrote. So I read out loud what I liked about myself. I added just one word that released the joy that was residing within me. This is what I declared: I REALLY like myself. Then I added another really and then another. All of a sudden joy burst out of me. I was having so much fun doing this and continued to do this for quite some time.

Now I believed what I wrote down because I was hearing for the first time in my life that I really, really liked myself. What really made the difference was I decided to come up with reasons why I like myself. The results of doing this just solidified my belief that I really, really do like myself.

Then I made a statement that made me burst out in laughter. I really like liking myself. It made you smile too, right? Now I catch myself smiling so much that people are even taking notice.

What is so freeing about liking yourself just as you are is that you do not need anyone to like you for this to work for you. Liking yourself is independent from whether others like you or not. In other words, people can like or dislike you and you can keep on smiling while you like liking yourself. Something amazing will began to happen just like it did for me. People will be drawn to you. Why? If you had a choice to be attracted or drawn to someone who likes themselves or not, which one would you choose? It really depends on how a person views themselves and others.

Take inventory right now of the people in your life.

Would you say that most of them really like themselves or not? The people you hang around with makes a HUGE difference in your life. I'm sure you have heard the phrase: Birds of a feather flock together. But do you know the second part of that statement? Birds of a feather flock together and they are all going in the same direction. Do you want to go in the same direction your friends are going? If not, you can choose new friends. Why not choose those people who really, really like themselves?

The choice is up to you.

Jeffrey Hardwick is a teacher, writer and speaker. For over 10 years he worked with All Americans, National Champions and Player of the Year athletes on the mental game. While working with the athlletes and coaches he disocvered what he shared with them works for everyone whether they are an athlete or not. Jeffrey desires to help people live the life their meant to live by sharing life changing truths with them. He knows that each person has unlimited potential residing within them. Encouraging others to know the truth about themselves is what Jeffrey is passionate about. Visit http://motivatingmentors.com

No comments: